Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we link custom request types when we click on Submit Project Issue, Submit Project Risk

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri

How can we link custom request types when we click on Submit Project Issue, Submit Project Risk

We have designed one project type and we have designed custom Issue, Risk ,Scope Change Request types.But when we try to click on "Submit Project Issue,Submit Project Risk,.." links on Project Management section of Dashboard( From Left Side Menu), the standard Request types ( i.e, Project Risk, Project Issue,..) are opening. We want our custom Request types to be opened when we clicks on links in the Project Controls section from left side menu.

Can anyone tell me how can we achieve this.

Thanks Shravan kumar.K
6 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How can we link custom request types when we click on Submit Project Issue, Submit Project Risk

Good Day.
You need set this new request types in project setting and create this pequest directly from project summary page.
Good Luck
Shravan Kathuri

Re: How can we link custom request types when we click on Submit Project Issue, Submit Project Risk

I want to redirect to custom request type when we click on "submit project issue" link from left side frame.Is it possible to change this standard request type name to custom request type name?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.k
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

I think you need change menu.xml file
Shravan Kathuri

Hi Semenov Alexander,

I got solution for this. I have Commented Original menu item and created a new menu item with and tags.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
Shravan Kathuri

Closing..
Raka_1
Collector

Can you explain in details how were you able to do this. I am on version 8 and what I did was to change the menu.xml file. In that file I changed the Business Key for Proposal to Request Type Name but that does not seem to work at all. I restarted the server but it is not taking the change. What I want to do is change the Create Proposal to follow the custom Request Type other than PFM-Proposal. Can you suggest me as to what should I do.

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event