The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i change the value of a request detaild field in an execution step?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sevilay
Collector

How can i change the value of a request detaild field in an execution step?

Hi,

i want to write a rule according to the value of the unvisible custom token on my request form.I should change the value of the this token in the workflow execution step.
i wrote an sql function,but i get the oracle error.Let's say token name as [REQD.P.TOKEN1].
How can i set this token a value? For example 2.

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: How can i change the value of a request detaild field in an execution step?

ksc_store REQD.TokenName="hidden_value", "Visible_value"

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sevilay
Collector

Hi Mahen,

what kind of execution should i use ?
Where should i write this command?

Thanks.
Kalin Petrov
Super Collector

Execution Type: Workflow Step Commands

Regards,
Kalin
Mahen M
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, He is correct.

If the values are Numeric, You should NOT use any Quotes, If the values are string then use the double Quotes.

Processing type: Immediate.

Workflow Scope = Requests (If you are having this WF for Requests)

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sevilay
Collector

Hi Mahen,

i did as you explained.This part worked but didn't solved my problem .I think i have to use different approach to my original problem.
Let me explain it.i want to disable one field after a work flow step .But in the first step all fields are editable and visible.In the second step those fields are not editable but the approver of this second step push the review button ,workflow goes back to the first step again,at this stage one of the fields have to be noneditable.

I write a rule setFieldEditable(false) according to the value of the non visible field which is set to a predefined value in the execution step after the review.

But i think this rule doesn't work or override.Because in the status dependencies of that request status,all fields are editable and this have to be.

How can i make this?

i hope i explain the situation.

Thanks in advance.
Sevilay
Collector

Hi again,

where did i find the list of these special workflow step commands and description of their behavior?

Or how can i increment the value of a numeric field one by one at a particular step each time workflow goes to that step?

Thanks.
Vibhor Dwivedi
Regular Collector

Hi sevilay,

You can increment the value of a numeric field one by one at a particular step each time workflow goes to that step by using workflow parameter.

skbd
Regular Collector

Mahendran, or anyone else, can this ksc.store command be used to populate a table component from a similar table component in another request?

Steve

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event