How Unnamed Headcount is related to staffing profile requests in resource pool

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phanishwar
Collector

How Unnamed Headcount is related to staffing profile requests in resource pool

HI,

How Unnamed headcount is related to Resoucing .I mean what are the usage of it in terms of assiging to staffinf profile . Can we assign it as we assign a resource to a staffing profile . When I try to assgn resources as a resource pool manager I did not get "Unnamed Headcount " roles in the Assign ACL list. Only I get resourec names of that resource pool. So I did not understand the use of the unnmaned headcount in th resource pool. Pls see the screenshot.

Thanks,
Phani
3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How Unnamed Headcount is related to staffing profile requests in resource pool

Phani,

Unnamed Headcount is really only for planning purposes; you can't assign an unnamed person to a staffing profile.

What it is intended for is to be a placeholder for future employees/hires etc. It's the resource pool's version of a staffing profile's "unmet demand" - think of it as "unmet supply".

So if a pool manager knows that he will be hiring say four more contractors in two months he can put that in now as unnamed headcount for future months so as to allow more accurate load/capability forecasting. Eventually, these would be replaced by named resources, when they become available.

Does this make sense?
Phanishwar
Collector

Re: How Unnamed Headcount is related to staffing profile requests in resource pool

Thanks Erik!!. It makes sense.
sas26363
Acclaimed Contributor

Our HP consultant told us that you can assign work to Unnamed Headcount when you respond to a Staffing Profile request.  Do this by selecting PROMISE when you are under MANAGE ALLOCATIONS on the POOL.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event