Hide (or remove) "Cost" tab in the Project Overview 9.31

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Scorpex
Super Contributor.

Hide (or remove) "Cost" tab in the Project Overview 9.31

Hello everyone,

for certain reasons my organization does not want the tab "Cost" to be displayed in the project overview, I have been doing some research to try and find out what I would need to modify in order to "Hide" this new tab but have not had any luck finding any pertinent information.

If someone has an idea of how I can accomplish this I will appreciate it.

Thanks!

Mig

10 REPLIES
Mohit_Agrawal
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Hide (or remove) "Cost" tab in the Project Overview 9.31

Hi Mig,

You can go the project type and then to the Project Overview layout tab.

In there you can remove the cost tab.

Thanks

Mohit

click kudos if solved and mark as accepted

Scorpex
Super Contributor.

Thank you for the response Mohit, I though that was the case but when I go to Project Overview Layout I do not see an option for the "Cost" to display or not I am attaching a screenshot to see if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Mig

Mohit_Agrawal
Outstanding Contributor.

I can see the "Project Cost" tab on my project type.

Are you sure you are going to the correct project type where cost is displayed. We are on 9.20...Not sure if you are on different version and not allowed to remove that tab...

Scorpex
Super Contributor.

Yeah I am in the Project Type that drives the projects the only other place I actually saw "Cost" was in the Enterprise Project type which we have disabled and it shows up as a portlet so I am confused. I'll keep on investigating.

We are on 9.31 as a Sandbox testing to see if we upgrade.

Thanks!

Mig

Scorpex
Super Contributor.
Solution

So I actually found a Change Request for this issue it looks like the current status is "Action" I don't know if it made it into the Patch that just came bout but if someone else has this issue they can refer to this Document ID: QCCR1L57365

Customer symptom
Server parameters are needed to hide Cost tab and Staffing Profile tab from the Project Overview page.

Customer resolution
We created two new server parameters, editable from the Administration Console without a need for server restart:
HIDE_COST_TAB_ON_PROJECT_PAGE 

HIDE_STAFFING_TAB_ON_PROJECT_PAGE

They are set to 'false' by default.

Thanks

Gundeep
Valued Contributor.

Hi Mig,

Can you please tell me if the issue has been resolved for you. What approach you followed to resolve the issue. 

Also about the error faced in the Cost tab. and pointers on the same will be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Regards
Scorpex
Super Contributor.

Hello Gundeep,

My organization did not want the users to see the cost tab since we are not currently using the financial module, for that reason it was decided that we would hide this tab, no error was showing up it was just a matter of avoiding giving the users a tab that they would ask "why don't we use it?"

That being said yes we were able to solve the issue by going through customer support since HP has already taken action to fix that they provided us with a jar file that implemented the fix.

The only issue we are currently facing now is that the "Staffing Profile" is not being displayed in any version of Internet Explorer.. it works fine in Chrome and Firefox but not IE.

I am going to recompile the jar files and redeploy again to see if the issue gets solved.

I'll update once we find a fix for this issue.

Thanks!

Mig

DipK
Regular Contributor.

Hi Mig,

You can try editing the "ViewProjectNew.jsp" under <PPM Install Dir>/server/HPPPM/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/jsp/pm/project/ and comment out the corresponding lines which display the Cost tab.

Suggest you to perform the same on dev/test instance first. Do run kUpdateHTML script after the change.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Dipesh

Etienne_Canaud
Micro Focus Expert

Hi All,

Indeed, editing "ViewProjectNew.jsp" is the quickest way to get rid of the tabs without waiting for the next PPM version. (By the way I'm the one that did implement QCCR1L57365 mentionned above, so I can confirm it'll be included in the next PPM minor version). 

To remove the cost tab, simply comment out the following lines (lines 311 to 313 if I'm correct):

<li id="costTabNav" class='<c:choose><c:when test="${projectView == 'projectCostTab'}">selected</c:when></c:choose>'>
<a href="javascript&colon;noop();" <c:if test="${projectView != 'projectCostTab'}"> onclick='switchTab("projectCostTab")'</c:if>><span class="lr"><span class="rr"><fmt:message key="projectCostTab" bundle="${waterfallsubProject}" /></span></span></a>
</li>

Running kUpdateHtml.sh after the change won't be enough ; you need to delete the tmp and work folders, and run kJSPCompiler.sh.

No need to run kUpdateHtml.sh, it's run automatically at the end of kJSPCompiler.sh.

If you are reluctant to do the change mentioned above yourself, you can contact HP Support, as they now have a hotfix (for PPM 9.31 only) to control showing tabs using server parameter as described in the above QCCR1L57365 description.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

Scorpex
Super Contributor.

Thanks Etienne,

The issue I mentioned about the staffing tab displaying blank was due to our enterprise mode that was emulating ie8, once we figured that out the fix to hide the tab worked like a charm.

Thanks!