Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with sub workflow

Highlighted
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

Help with sub workflow

I am creating my first sub workflow. I created a validation for the transitions coming in to the return step and used it in the sub workflow step and the return step. I get 2 sets of action buttons at each step of the sub. First set is the new validation and second from the individual step of the sub. I can eliminate the first set with step security, but then I can not return from the sub. I am at 6.0 SP15.
5 REPLIES
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Re: Help with sub workflow

Dale,

Why do see the extra set at every step in the subworkflow , the 'validation' used at the subworkflow level should be used to drive results in the main workflow. Every step in the subworkflow, should just have the action buttons from the 'validation' being used at the step.

Thanks
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

I Hope you do not have security at the SubWorkflow step, in the maion Workflow.

Thanks
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

If I have security to the sub step in the main, then the actions from that validation show up as the first set of actions (overrides) at every step in the sub along with the appropriate actions from the sub step.
If I do not have security to the sub step in the main, then only the correct actions for the each sub step appear, but I can not return from the sub.
Is there documentation that covers this well. All I can find are minimal references without any details or examples.
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Dale,

If you have the same security at the sub step and at all the steps in the workflow, you would see two sets of buttons, if that is what you want you would always see them, try adding different groups at the steps in the workflow and at the sub step, you would see the difference. However the return from sub, should not be dependent on security, it depends on the validation you are using at the sub level. I Hope you are using the 'Return from subworkflow' execution step.

Thanks
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

Thanks Lizabeth
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event