Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on creating a new Child request

Highlighted
Rashraj
Regular Collector

Help on creating a new Child request

Hi friends,

What is the command to create a new/child request from a workflow. and how do we use it?

Cheers
Raj
5 REPLIES
Rashraj
Regular Collector

Re: Help on creating a new Child request

the main thing is i have created in workflow execution step as create_request, but While creating a child request using the execution step in wf, i could see it as only MANUAL process available. but i need this to be an IMMEDIATE transaction.So the user will not be prompted in front end for creating a new child request each time. as we have a deciison step before this executon step with "create child req" action in it.
Please advice me on this.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Depending on what release level you are running, you could use the ksc_copy_request special command in an immediate execution workflow step. I think this was introduced in 7.1. It is present in 7.5 and later releases.
Rashraj
Regular Collector

hy Jim,
Thanks for that. But we use v6.0 so can you please help me on my situatiion?
Regards,
Rajesh
itgppm
Occasional Contributor

For version 6.0 you can use create_request function available in kcvs_utilities . Pleasd let me know in case of any issue .
Rashraj
Regular Collector

hy dude,
I used this create request function but its not executing, can u please give me a sample 0f that command and how to pass values from the aprent ITG, it will be really great.
Thanks,
Rajesh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event