Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in PPMC upgrade 9.21

Highlighted
MandyR
Super Collector

Help in PPMC upgrade 9.21

Hi,

Since we are upgrading PPMC from 9.14 to 9.21 so I have an issue of migrating the customized OOTB ppmc objects as well. We have done customization to OOTB Validations, Worflows etc. like changes the sql code of OOTB validation by diretly running query on the table that have details of these objects.

If we migrated to 9.21 then the customization done to older version would not be migrated so we decided to migrate the customized objects (validations, workflow etc.) after upgarding.

The problem is  - We are not bale identify what are the OOTB ppmc objects(validations, Workflow etc.) that have been modified so that we can migrate them after upgrade.

Could anyone can help me on this to idetify modified OOTB objects. Is there any SQL query or other feature that would identify the modified OOTB objects.

Thanks,

Mandeep Singh

3 REPLIES
randull
HPE Expert

Re: Help in PPMC upgrade 9.21

Hi,

I guess actually we don't have a way to identify the OOTB objects that had been modified.

What we recommend when you are going to do an upgrade is to rename the OOTB customized objects and execute the upgrade. That way they wouldn't be modified by the upgrade and then you don't have to migrate them.

Also, you can't migrate objects between two major releases, let's say between 9.1 and 9.2

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
MandyR
Super Collector

Thanks for your reply Randall.

We have manually found few OOTB customized valdations.

Now my question is - After moving on to version 9.21, can we migrate these OOTB customized to our new version so that the changes that we made in these objects in earlier version should get reflected in new version.

Thanks,

Mandy

randull
HPE Expert

Hi Mandy,

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to migrate objects between an instance in 9.1 and another one in 9.2.

What we recommend is to rename those validations before of doing the upgrade, this way they wouldn't be modified by the upgrade and then when your instance is upgraded renamed back to their OOTB name.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event