Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Want to run a report through a report after a specified amount of time

Highlighted
KamranKhan
Acclaimed Contributor

Help: Want to run a report through a report after a specified amount of time

Hi,

I have searched through the forum and couldn't find anything that could help me. How can I run a report through a report after a specified amount of time? I know I can run a report by using the 'ksc_run_jsp_report' command, but I want this second report to run after some time, say 5 days. How can I do that?

I also need the PPM commands guide as well. Please upload it here if you have it?

Thanks,

Kamran

2 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: Help: Want to run a report through a report after a specified amount of time

5 days are long time, but if you want to exceute after some hours then you can simply use sleep command i.e.

ksc_local_exec sleep 30

put the value in seconds. For this instead of using multiple report, simply created 3 commands for your logic processing and use like (in sequence):

Command 1

ksc_local_exec sleep 30

command 2

Report execution command

Another option would be to use cron scheduler, in your first report execute a script which can schdule your second report execution in CRON scheduler.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Oscar_Pereira
Frequent Visitor

Re: Help: Want to run a report through a report after a specified amount of time

Hello,

I am attaching the Commands and Tokens Guide for PPM 9.1

I do not think this can be done via PPM commands,  more than 1 days sounds like a long time between executions.

What about creating a custom report?  and use this report under the Schedule Report option.  

and use your commands in custom reports separetly.

Regards

Oscar Pereira

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event