The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Regarding Time Mgmt Webservices

Highlighted
him397
Acclaimed Contributor

Help Needed Regarding Time Mgmt Webservices

Hi,

Can any body please give me the syntax to call the standard OOTB webservices like getActualTime from the workflow step?

Thanks,
Himanshu
3 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help Needed Regarding Time Mgmt Webservices

Hi,
there are examples in \utilities\webservice\webservice_toolkit.zip\java\client\src\examples\tm\ that show how to use these web services. Should be the right starting point if you want to use them.
him397
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Sascha,

Thanks a lot for your reply, but in the examples there are only Java files. I'm looking for the syntax so that I can use the OOTB webservices from the workflow step.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

For using the web services you always need a web service client (in Java, .Net ...). You can then invoke that piece of code from a workflow execution step. (ksc_local_exec...)
There are tools that generate basic web service clients when giving them the wsdl file, but there will always be some coding involved.
What would help you most, would probably by a special command, but there are no such specials commands as of PPM release 8.0.1

But there is one thing, why would you want to use web services in the first place? You are in a PPM workflow, so you can access the DB directly and get the data as you need it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event