Help Copying a report from Dev to Prod

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Help Copying a report from Dev to Prod

Hi All

HP have provided me with a report in Dev and I want it in Prod - it's going to take them about 2 weeks to get it into Test and then Prod.

So I manually copied the report line for line, but it won't work I get an error on the log:

"An error occurred during command parsing.
(KNTA-10127) JSP file /web/knta/tmg/rpt/CustomTimeSheetSummaryReport.jspcould not be found on the server.

Failed"

Anyone know how I can fix this?
14 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Help Copying a report from Dev to Prod

Did you copy over this jsp file too?
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

No - how would I do that? (excuse my lack of tech saviness!)
Greg_Shrout
Super Contributor.

I would suggest getting into the server and checking the file permissions of the file you copied over. The permission settings should be the same as other files that you know work.
Also, you should have migrators built into your systems to enable you to migrate from DEV to PROD (see screenshot). You just have to set up a simple workflow. Worst case: use the migrator to export, ftp the files to prod, then use the migrator to import.
Greg_Shrout
Super Contributor.

Here's more background:
In Workbench: on left goto Configuration, then down to Report types. Your report should be similarly set up to mine (see attachement.)
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Hi Greg

I manually recreated the report in Prod as our package migrator goes from Staging to test to prod - its a bit of a mess.

So I just copied the entire thing by hand in Prod, but under the comand section I have the line "ksc_run_jsp_report /web/knta/tmg/rpt/CustomTimeSheetSummaryReport.jsp" - which differs from your slightly, but the report works in Dev and I assume I am missing something in Prod.
Greg_Shrout
Super Contributor.

Ryan: I'm running out of ideas. It seems like you did what I would do: On Prod, take an existing report type, copied it, renamed the new one, changed the file name to which it is pointing.
How about: Use FTP client to ftp the file from DEV to Prod. Then you can see where you are putting it.
Finally, your user/Kintana environment has to have the [KINTANA_HOME] directory set, or it will get lost when running the report, and you have to place the file in the expected location. Here's an example from my system:
[KINTANA_HOME] = /k01/Kintana
Here the full path:
/k01/Kintana/server/kintana/deploy/itg.war/web/knta/tmg/rpt/TimeSheetSummaryReport.jsp
-Greg
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Ryan,

Sounds like you're missing the CustomTimeSheetSummaryReport.jsp file. You just need to copy (ftp/scp or whatever) this file from your Dev box to the same folder on your Prod box.
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Hi Greg

I don't think I copied the file it was pointing to though - I have no idea how do that piece of it.

Where would I copy/create this file?
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Hi Eric

Many thanks - Don't have access to our Prod Server (We're on Saas) so may have to ask HP then.

Many thanks though guys!
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Hi All

I am trying to use the PPM Packages to migrate this report, but I need to migrare the jsp report - and can't find a way to do this

I am probably being thick here; but when I use the MMS - D > T > P - File/SQL File option, the only files i can see are SQL, TXT, HTML and ZIP - where can I find the .JSP files so I can create a package to migrate it?

Thanks again!

Ryan
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Ryan,

Assuming you have specified the correct path in the File Migration object, you should have no problem getting jsp files...

(attachment)
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Hi Eric

I don't know what the path is for the ile - I've tried using web/knta/tmg/rpt/CustomTimeSheetSummaryReport.jsp but no luck - do you know where I could find the jsp files?
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

If it's in the same directory as the original report, try

server/kintana/deploy/itg.war/web/knta/tmg/rpt/
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Eric - you are beyond awesome!

Would never have found that - have found and moved.

Thanks so much!!