The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem with knta_client.jar. Could not verify signing in resource

Highlighted
bzdafro
Collector

Having problem with knta_client.jar. Could not verify signing in resource

We had a few files that were sent to us from HP to fix our PPM 9.12 test environment.   We didn't notice until now that its preventing users from logging into the workbench.   Dashboard opens, but trying to open workbench results in errors.   I've cleared cache and all the basics.  During java logging, I see an error "Could not verify signing in resource"    In looking at the manifest file, I see a handful of files with bad SHA1 digest.   

jarsigner -verify gives the error

jarsigner: java.lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error for com/kintana/sc/server/UserDataAgent$1.class

Any idea how to correct this?  We have been unable to logon to workbench for almost a week.   We are running java 1.6.0_26

6 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Having problem with knta_client.jar. Could not verify signing in resource

Hi

Looks like this could be an issue reported internally for the followign:

Properties under  PPM_HOME>/<server>/deploy\itg.war/WEB-INF/resource/wb/*.properties are duplciated in knta_classes.jar

The issue is resolved in 9.12, so ideally you should update to that Service Pack level.

Also be aware that PPM-support advises to stay below 1.6_20 with java due to several known issues with higher versions.

Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

bzdafro
Collector

I just checked and we are running 9.12, and not 9.1 as I mentioned above.  I am checking on the level of Java with support to see what we should do.   Should we rollback to earlier version of Java or is that not possible?  Also, any work arounds for this jar issue?

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi ,

I know that there are a couple of issues with the later builds of java, thus I would revert to a build before _20,  but I'll be very honest - I don't have a hunch if THIS issue could be part of it. Regardless of that, according to RnD this issue should be solved with 9.12 and although I'm not 100% certain that an update of any build of the service pack has been made at any stage, I would log a support case and get assistance on this one.

It WAS a code issue if I'm not mistaken and someone from RnD should undergo the troubles to pick up investigation on it.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

smoyer3
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

I work wtih 

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi

there can be no doubt that if you can isolate the issue to the jar-file being the culprit, you should do either of two things:

- respond to the open ticket that was used to troubleshoot the initial problem and tell the dude that the jar-file they gave you does work but causes side-effects

or if the ticket is already closed

- open a new ticket, open the closed one where you got the jar-file and reqeust further assistance to troubleshoot the new problem and obtain a fixed jar-file which DOESN'T cause this problem.

Best regards,

Dirk

bzdafro
Collector

We are updating the old case and asking HP for assistance in resolving the jar issue caused by their fix.  Thanks for the advice.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event