Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Have to override errors at beginning of workflow using subworkflows or execution steps in PPM v8.03

Highlighted
Sametria Holt
Regular Contributor.

Have to override errors at beginning of workflow using subworkflows or execution steps in PPM v8.03

We have several custom workflows in our instance that use sub workflows or execution steps in the beginning of the life cycle between draft status and whatever the initial decision step of the workflow is.  Every time I submit a request, I have to override the available actions in the sub workflow or the execution step to get to a valid decision step.  Once I progress the request to a decision step it moves along just fine.  This only started when I upgraded from PPM version 7.5 SP5 to PPM version 8.03 (SP3).  Anyone ever seen pieces of their workflows invalidated after this particular upgrade?

6 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Have to override errors at beginning of workflow using subworkflows or execution steps in PPM v8

Hi,

Could you please publish upgrade log file with us.

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Sametria Holt
Regular Contributor.

Re: Have to override errors at beginning of workflow using subworkflows or execution steps in PPM v8

I am attaching teh ppm_upgrade_log here.

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sametria,

You get some errors when you upgrade:

More than one times:

(Sep 14, 2011 2:53:06 PM), , com.kintana.ismp.kupgrade.actions.information.ServerConfInformation, err, RML: could not connect to database using user:ITGC75PR10_RML, password:... and jdbc url:+jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.235.13.37:1521:itgdev2
ORA-28000: the account is locked

And this one:
(Sep 15, 2011 1:14:39 PM), , com.kintana.ismp.kupgrade.actions.CheckServerStatus, err,
ERROR: The HP PPM server that you are trying to upgrade is running. The upgrade cannot continue until the server is shut down.

Because of these errors I can say your upgrade not healthy.

In addition to that If you view "override the available actions" buttons in your request when you submit it, it means, PPM couldn't find appropriate transition line for what your decision step returning value. For example if you have yes, no button but you have not no transition, when you click no button it goes no where and show "override the available actions" buttons.

So,

1. please check your workflow step validation values and related transitions.
  2. please try again clear upgrade with correct above errors.

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
MallikArjun_S
Contributor.

Hello Sametria,

At the time of upgrade there are chances of some DataBase changes. Usually while upgrade happens some table names, it's colum names and other parts attributes are either changed, removed or modified. Verify your PL SQL Function to see if the DB attributes the function is using still remains the same!

-Arjun

-- Mallikarjun
Solution Consultant
Sametria Holt
Regular Contributor.

I actually got all the issues with the RML resolved prior to the system allowing me to complete the upgrade.  And when I look at the workflow I see everything there that should be.  All of my transitions were retained.  In addition none of the steps I'm trying to complete in either execution step or sub workflows have pl sql functions in them.  They use OOB validations to complete SUCCESS,FAIL steps. 

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you post the exec step(s) that are failing, the fail message for a clue why they're failing, since you say they're not pl/sql but the one in your original post is...?

I recall that some of the standard ksc_ commands were depricated in 8.x (ksc_set_budget_status ? for example) but not sure if that's an issue.