Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Has anyone integrated PPM with non-HP products?

Highlighted
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

Has anyone integrated PPM with non-HP products?

Example, Documentum DCO process, not just Documentum as a repository, but actually passing data/field values from PPM to Documentum DCO process, maybe using webservices?  And also using webservices to view status of the DCO request in Documentum?  Or some other application?

13 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Has anyone integrated PPM with non-HP products?

Hi Marlene,

What PPM version you are using?

We have integrated HP PPM with custom web applications and SAP using the PPM web services. Let me know in case you need any conformation regarding the PPM web services.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
vonderhe
Regular Contributor.

Hi Marlene,

the good thing with PPMC is that you can really connect to every system you like. it depends on the interface. cause calling a base command is just calling 'any' skript, java class and/or other there are a lot of opportunites to connect systems. i have a lot of experience connection PPMC to SAP, Oracle, SVN, Wiki, DMS and others. Feel free to specialize your demand.

Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

Can someone elaborate on their integration with PPM?  How have you set it up?  Do you run a batch job that either pulls or pushes the information from one system to another?  Have you created a link on your request type that sends the information to another system and pre-populates a form on that other system?  Do you have rules on your request type that pull the status of a request from another system?  Let me know if anyone has any experience with above and anything we should watch out for?  Especially with upgrades, etc, of either the PPM application or the other applications we are looking to integrate with.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marlene,

The integration and its technical design all depend upon the client requirement.

It will be great if you can specify more details about you integration requirement.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Dinesh Mistry
Regular Contributor.

I have a similar request. I want to export resource capacity and demand data from PPM to an analytics application. A flat txt file would be fine, but other formats would also be welcome.  Can someone educate me on how to test this capability. Web Service has been enabled in our Sandbox env, I am looking for help connecting / viewing Web Services functionality. I am not a developer, but a database / data professional. 

haciyanli
Regular Contributor.

Hi Dinesh and Marlene,

We have integrated PPM with couple of non-HP products (extracting demand, project, resource, workload etc.). We used ETL scripts for data extraction. If you need any specific questions please let me know. 

Regards

Sukru Haciyanli

sukru.haciyanli@kokteyl.com

Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

We tried integration, but found several 'gotchas'.  Many users copy data from word into the text boxes in PPM.  When this happens the quotes that the system uses are not typically the standard quote, but specific left/right quote/double-quote.  We put in some translate logic to make the update in the database whenever this occurs.  Then we ran into problems when trying to send over data that was non-English.  (EX: German, French, Japanese).  We are still looking at the best way to resolve this issue.  One thought would be to provide just a number, then have the other system pull the information based on the number it was given and a sql that would be provided.  (all using some sort of webservice)  Any other thoughts?  Right now, a java program passes several parameters using webservices, but it is really only working for English.

Vsalian
Respected Contributor.

Any ideas on integrating Outlook 2007 with PPM.

I have a form in Outlook that users fill out and I need to suck those forms as requests in PPM. Is this possible? If so how?

Thanks

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Vonderhe,

Do you have any experiance about MS Outlook or MS Sharepoint intergation?

About PPM-SAP connection: Do you achieve to get a project's financial actual data from SAP and write them down to financial summary ? Or Could you please explain what kind of PPM-SAP connection you have achieved (just namely) ?

Regards

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Diego Aguila
Regular Contributor.

Celil, you had any response on the integration with SAP ?  Or Could you please explain what kind of PPM-SAP connection you have achieved (just namely) ?

Thanks in advance,

Diego.

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Diego,

We didn't integrate two of them. We have got data from two system and merge them all in BW system then reported them via BO system.

Even we didn't, I know that you can integrate PPM timesheet ability with SAP HR personel costs, so you can get personel cost for a project or any other works.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Diego Aguila
Regular Contributor.

Hi Celil,

Thanks for your answer, you know where I can find the documentation of the integration with SAP HR and HP PPM timesheet??

thanks in advance,

Diego.

vonderhe
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

implemented already a lot of NON-HP product interfaces (SAP, LiveLInk, MS Exchange , ...). Not a big thing, cause the workflow execution step allows to.