Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Has anyone ever created a 'button' within a table component to create a new request?

Highlighted
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

Has anyone ever created a 'button' within a table component to create a new request?

Right now, we have a step in our workflow that has the user select a transition to create a request.  We have made several of our tokens match so that the data feeds over from one request to the other.  We would like to have this same functionality as a button within a table component (I was thinking of creating a text field, then defaulting with some HTML, but not sure then how to create the request and have the fields prepopulate)

Has anyone else ever done this?  Or something similar?

3 REPLIES
Cat_2
Super Contributor.

Re: Has anyone ever created a 'button' within a table component to create a new request?

I'm curious as to why you would want the options in a table. To make the workflow more simple?

sebastianrm
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Has anyone ever created a 'button' within a table component to create a new request?

Hi, i would try to

a) use a link type validation and fill it using a rule on field change or,

b) use html on a sinple text field, using a default value.

c) if you want a button, use html tags and lookup for css style of the buttons in the request form and use it.

This last is the best looking but the hardest too.

Hope it helps.

S

Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

We want to make it as simple as possible to create a new request.  We also want to only allow the 'assigned to' the ability to approve the current step, but allow others to create a reference request.  I had tried creating a validation that checks to see if the person logged into the system is the person in the assigned to field for the request, but the [REQ.REQUEST_ID] token is not resolving.  Our other option will be to have a second step that can just create these child requests.  Having a button in a field on the table would be ideal.  I can create the link, just not sure how to automatically pass the data over based on the fields in this request.  It happens right now because my Tokens in both requests types are the same.  Not sure if anyone knows how to pass the values using a link?