Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Has any loaded data into the kenv_env_apps table?

Highlighted
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Has any loaded data into the kenv_env_apps table?

Is it possible to load data into the kenv_env_apps table?  I need to add about 1000 entries.   I tried inserting some and it works, but it breaks a sequence counter KENV_ENV_APPS_S.   Thanks  

4 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Has any loaded data into the kenv_env_apps table?

Each entry you add will need to be created for the specific database instance. The env_app_id will need to be set to the next value from the sequence. The environment_id will need to be set to the id of the appropriate environment in this database.

Passwords may also need to be reencrypted with the appropriate keys for this PPM instance. This could be done for the initial data load or afterwards, depending on what processes you have in place to manage them.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You can use HP provide out of the box package to insert the row in kenv_env_apps table.

Package Name is - KENV_ENV_APPS_TH

Procedure - KENV_ENV_APPS_TH.Process_Row

While calling this procedure, make sure that your event is INSERT.

i.e. p_event = 'INSERT'

This procedure take care of your env sequence; rest follow the steps suggested by JIM

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
leewil1
Regular Contributor.

After seeing Utkarsh's post I went ahead and tried using the KENV_ENV_APPS_TH.Process_Row procedure. This procedure call appeared to work successfully (no errors) and can see the new row in the database (table KENV_ENV_APPS).  However, upon entering PPM > Environment Workbench I can not see the app_code listed.  What piece am I missing?  Is a correspong report or refresh necessary? 

leewil1
Regular Contributor.

Ok, I forgot 1 important command. Commit; This procedure does work. THANKS!