Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP PPM and & Business Object

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

HP PPM and & Business Object

Hi everyone,

I know PPM comes with a Business Object License to create additional reports besides the portlets that PPM has. I would like to know what kind of license is?, just to create report and publish them or has any mayor funcionality?

Where could I get the software (I looked at HP Software Eval Partner and couldn't find it) and the license related?

Regards,

Alfredo

5 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP PPM and & Business Object

You can get the details on 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/PPM-and-Business-Objects-Reporting/m-p/4836979/highlight/true#M10289

We are also using BO for reporting solution, but here we have developed our own custom reports. You are free to develop your own universe, facts and dimesion tables, report, dashbaords etc.

The major problem is with the ETL, the HP provided ETL job is for specific table and it miss some of the essesntial tables required for reporting. So your need to create your own ETL for the tables that are missing in BO schema.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

Thanks Utkarsh,

I'll give it a try. Do you now where I cant get the installers? Should I open a case on HP Support to get it with the license? Because I haven't see it on the Central Software Partner.

Regards,

Alfredo

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Yes, rasie a case with HP they will provide u the dump download link.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

Hi @AlfredoMonasi

If you do need to raise a ticket/case with HP Support you can reach them on the Support Website here for more assistance. 

I am an HP employee.

If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.

Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.

If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
pepdwill

The Business Objects downloads for PPM are out on the HP Live Network site.

Link:

https://hpln.hp.com/group/operational-reports-content-project-and-portfolio-management

The Downloads tab is where it's at...

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event