Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP PPM Status Date

Highlighted
Ricardo Sala
New Member.

HP PPM Status Date

Greetings everyone,

I'm currently working in the PMO department of Barclays and the entire Company is using the HP PPM to manage Projects and Portfolio. We are trying to implement some rules and best practices and we've encountered some limitations in terms of EVM in PPM. I'm trying to find a way to put status dates in the project so the PM's have an efficient EVM tool. The only thing similar that I’ve found is the EV Analysis Summary witch is refreshed every 120 minutes, but as we know the EVM as the SPI and CPI indicators that need to have the physical% task completion up to date, so, the EVM tool in PPM Projects cannot be that efficient. Is there any way to create status dates in witch we can have all the needed info up to date at that point in time? Any help will be fantastic. Thanks.

Ricardo
2 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP PPM Status Date

Hi.
you are right historical data there is not tracked. If you want to save that info manually, you could create a simple request type that lets you select the project and then calculate the values into read-only fields by a rule.
If you need to do this on a regular basis and automatically a report would be the right thing. You can schedule this/these report(s) to run on a certain schedule.
Ricardo Sala
New Member.

Re: HP PPM Status Date

Hello Sasha,

Thank you so much for replying, but I think I didnâ t manage to explain myself correctly, what I really want to know is, itâ s possible to create status date/timenow in HP PPM projects? The reports solution seems a little bit complicated in terms of user friendliness, and still we have the problem with EVM calculation. I need a solution that fixates the dates, something contrary to EV Analysis Summary, which is automatic, so we can have an efficient EVM tool in PPM.

Best Regards.