Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP PPM Centre Plugin for MS Project 2007 5.0.115.1

Highlighted
KimHolter
New Member.

HP PPM Centre Plugin for MS Project 2007 5.0.115.1

To whom it may concern.

I am seeking assistance for someone to provide me the EULA / Terms and Conditions of use for the above HP PPM product for a customer enquiry.

I require assistance URGENTLY as I have not had a reply to my online CONTACT US enquiry or any followups to the auto email reply to same.

Please assist to reply to this enquiry ASAP.

Kind regards

Kim Holter

hp.licensing@hp.com / au_software_admin@hp.com

10 REPLIES
Etienne_Canaud
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HP PPM Centre Plugin for MS Project 2007 5.0.115.1

Hi Kim,

PPM Plugin for MS Project is a part of PPM and cannot be used without PPM.

As such, the same restrictions & EULA as for PPM do apply to the MSP Plugin. There is no dedicated EULA for this plugin.

Note however that since PPM 9.1, a new plugin is used (version starting with 6.0.*) that embeds Microsoft VSTO technology, and the VSTO EULA is displayed during plugin installation if VSTO needs to be installed.

However, same restrictions & EULA as PPM still apply to the plugin itself (not VSTO) as it's considered as a part of PPM.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

KimHolter
New Member.

Dear Etienne,

Thank you for your reply.  May I ask if you can assist to provide the EULA for PPM so that we can point the Plugin query / request to this as the customer is using older version and may not upgrade to later version 9.1 to obtain EULA info from there? 

If there is a URL reference or pdf you can supply for this it would be appreciated.

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide,

Kind regards

Kim Holter

hp.licensing@hp.com

Etienne_Canaud
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Kim,

Here is the only info I could gather:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals

The document is called “Open Source and Third-Party License Agreements.”

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

MartyC
New Member.

I am getting an error when I install the MS Project plug-in for PPM.  "Error 1721.  There is a problem with this Windows installation package.  A program required for this install to complete could not run.  Action:  PPM_InstallVSTO30.

I do have MS Project 2007 installed on my machine.

Do you know how to solve this problem? 

Etienne_Canaud
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Marty,

From the error message, the plugin installation fails because for some reason it cannot install VSTO 3.0, which is required for running Office 2007 Add-ins. Unfortunately, the Installer will not provide much input on the root cause (could be some permission not granted, could be that you are not really an administrator of the machine, or could be a completely different reason).

Here is what you can try:

1) Download VSTO 3.0 installation package from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=23656

2) Install it on your machine. Please note that you need to be an administrator, and this will install VSTO 3.0 for all users. You may have to restart your computer.

3) Retry to install the plugin. This time it will not try to install VSTO as you have already installed it, and the installation should complete. Not that the plugin (unlike VSTO) is only installed for the current user.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

Sascha_1
Super Contributor.

Does anyone know how to uninstall the ms project plugin due to version problems. I have a new 9.1 system and want to use the embedded plugin. But everytime, the installer crashes because of the older existing version. But there is no uninstaller to remove the plugin. Also deleting the keys in the registry didn't work.

Regards,
Sascha
DirkRehmeier
Valued Contributor.

I found a description how to uninstall a plug-in in Microsoft Office in the following self solve knowledge base article http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1211064
(When "HP PPM Center" menu no longer available in Microsoft Project, steps to re-enable the PPM Microsoft Plug-in Manually.)

I also installed the VSTO 3.0 from Microsoft and rebooted my computer, but when I try to install the new plug-in for PPM 9.10 I get the following error message:
"Fehler bei der Anwendung von Transformen. Stellen Sie sicher, dass die angegebenen Transformpfade gültig sind."
The english translation by google is "Errors in the application of transforms. Make sure that the specified transform paths are valid."

Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards

Dirk

Etienne_Canaud
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Dirk,

After a quick googling, it seems this error is symptomatic of an application that hasn't been correclty uninstalled.

There might still be some leftovers of the old plugin on your computer, causing the issue.

You can give a try at the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Installer_CleanUp_Utility) as a last resort, but please be extra careful as it seems not to be supported by Microsoft anymore.

A more up-to-date option can be found here (http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall).

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

DirkRehmeier
Valued Contributor.

Hi Etienne,

it still doesn't work. I have never uninstalled Microsoft Project or any other Microsoft Office product on this computer.

I just want to install the new PPM 9.1 Project Plug-In over an existing PPM 8.0 plug-in. I run the following steps:

- Microsoft Project 2007 with PPM 8.0 plug-in

- try to open a PPM 9.1 project in Microsoft Project -> error message "wrong plug-in version"

- try to install PPM 9.1 plug-in by running setup.exe -> error message "Fehler bei der Anwendung von Transformen. ..."

- delete PPM 8.0 plug-in

- install VSTO3

- try to install PPM 9.1 plug-in -> error message "Fehler bei der Anwendung von Transformen. ..."

My question: How should the Microsoft Install/Uninstaller Tool solve my problem.

Thanks for any help

Dirk

DirkRehmeier
Valued Contributor.

--- UPDATE ---

Now it works

I missed in my first try of Microsoft Installer/Uninstaller the option "HP PPM Center Plugin for Microsoft Project".

Now I run the uninstall, run the install of the new PPM plug-in and now it works.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Dirk