Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP PPM Center Plug-in for Microsoft Project 2010?

Highlighted
AG_3
Acclaimed Contributor

HP PPM Center Plug-in for Microsoft Project 2010?

Is there a PPM plug-in for MSP 2010?

If yes, please provide the link to download it.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES
SilviaS
HPE Blogger

Re: HP PPM Center Plug-in for Microsoft Project 2010?

The PPM plug-in for MSP is expected to be updated for MSP 2010 in the next service pack of PPM 9.1

AG_3
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks for that info. When is that release due?

I am using HP PPM 7.5. Will that plug-in work on 7.5?

SilviaS
HPE Blogger

The release is planned for Summer this year.

We don't have plans to certify MSP 2010 for PPM 7.5. Do you have plans to upgrade the PPM?

AG_3
Acclaimed Contributor

We have deployed PPM 7.5 in Q4 last year. So there are no immediate plans for upgrading it.

It would be a pity if our Project Managers are unable to use Microsoft Project integration feature. Asking an organization to upgrade to PPM 9.x just for the sake of MSP integration is unfair.

Even if you do not certify usage of the new plug-in with 7.5, did it pass in your tests on 7.5? Is the plug-in going to be available separately outside 9.x patch?

SilviaS
HPE Blogger

I will check it tomorrow.

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi,

PPM 9.1 SP2 will indeed include a MSP plugin compatible with MSP 2010.

There are some plans to provide the same feature in 8.0 SP4, but this is not yet official and is still subject to change.

There are no plan to provide MSP 2010 support in PPM 7.5, and the current plugin will not work with MSP 2010 (incompatible libraries).

The PPM 9.12 plugin (yet to be released officially) can work on PPM 7.5 with a few modifications, but this is not supported by HP and comes with some significant limitations (project cannot be opened in MSP from PPM Work Plan view, and some minor features of MSP plugin are not working such as search projects by project number).

And to answer your last question, until now the MSP plugin is not available officially as a standalone, it only comes bundled with PPM.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

AG_3
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks for your detailed reply Etienne. I want to confirm my understanding with you and ask you some follow-up questions:

1. MSP plug-in available currently with PPM 7.5 will not work with MSP 2010
  2. The version of MSP 2010 PLUG-IN for PPM is called PPM 9.12 PLUG-IN
  3. This plug-in will be bundled with PPM 9.1 SP2
  4. You said PPM 9.12 PLUG-IN can work with PPM 7.5 with some modifications. What are these modifications? Who will do these modifications? I understand it is not possible to make any modifications in the plug-in by the users
  5. Will PPM 9.12 PLUG-IN be available this summer 2011?

Thanks again!

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi,

1. You are correct.

2. Not exactly. We always refer to the MSP Plugin version with the version of the PPM they are bundled with. So as you said, the "9.12 plugin" is the plugin that will be bundled with PPM 9.1 SP2.'

3. Correct.

4. The modifications are relatively simple (update a version number in a file on PPM Server(s) and change the plugin installer file to be downloaded from PPM), however, the limitations that comes along will be a blocker for most of our customers.

5. We cannot commit on PPM 9.1 SP2 release date, summer 2011 is an estimate. And as explained before, we don't provide the MSP Plugin as a standalone. The only official way to get this version of the plugin is to upgrade PPM to 9.1 SP2 when the service pack is released. 

Thanks,

Etienne.

JayGoode
Acclaimed Contributor

Since the last post on this thread, was there a plug-in released that supports PPM v8 and MS Project 2010?

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

PPM 8.04 includes a plugin which supports MS Project 2010. (This is actually the same plugin as in 9.12).

LeonAndaur
Acclaimed Contributor

Dear, we have PPM 8.00.02 version and i have the isuue reported. I understand that the version 8.04 contain the pluggin that resolve it. How uopgrade to 8.02 version?

thanks and regards

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event