Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics in a Notification

Highlighted

Graphics in a Notification

Does anyone know how to add a graphic to a notification without using links? I can easily use a link, but when users are outside our firewall, they see a red "x" for the image. I could also place the images outside the firewall; just not sure if anyone has found another way to do this.

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Graphics in a Notification

Hi Marlene,

I'd be interested in what you are actually trying to do with the notfication. I saw that you also posted the question in the ITRC forum and saw also Sascha Mohrs answers, but I'm not even sure what it is that you have configured. Is the problem that the graphic in the page to which the link points doesn't show? I'm not that experienced in PPM as yourself or Sascha by the looks but trying to pick it up speedily.

Thanks for an answer.

Dirk

erik_c
Regular Collector

Hi Marlene,

Since html e-mail messages are essentially little web pages, any images you want to display with an img tag have to be hosted on a server that is available to the people that you are sending to...this usually means a public server, outside firewalls.

Incidentally, this is also how spammers track which of their e-mails are looked at to figure out which addresses are valid.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

You can place your image on PPM server dirctory and in the notification; append the image URL with the username and password.

This username and password can be of any read-only user in PPM.

Please let me kniw in case you need the sample URL.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event