Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Graphics in Email

Highlighted
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

Graphics in Email

Does anyone know how to add a graphic to a notification without using links? I can easily use a link, but when users are outside our firewall, they see a red "x" for the image. I could also place the images outside the firewall; just not sure if anyone has found another way to do this.
4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Graphics in Email

That's an interesting questions, especially because PPM doesn't even support attachments in notification.
We never tried, but there are MTHML and data URIs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme) that might be an option. But even if one of these works in notifications, it will still greatly depend on the mail client the recipients uses.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

I just gave the img example from wikipedia's data URI article. It does not work in Lotus Notes but it does on the iPhone mail app.
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

It looks like it does not work in Outlook either, or at least the version we use. We also don't use IE8 (still using IE6), so does not work there either due to version, since not supported until IE8. The image we wanted to use also ended up with a value that seemed to be too long to be stored in the database. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

The only way to have all/most mail clients to display images in mails, is to have them on a webserver that is accessible external and internal by the same URL.
And even then users may have disabled loading images when displaying mails.