cancel

Graphical view not displaying properly

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Graphical view not displaying properly

Hi,

We are using PPM 7.1 SP5,

I have one main workflow which contains One Sub workflow and 4 normal workflow steps.
When the request got submitted,the flow will first go to sub workflow and processesd within the sub WF and when it completes it will return from sub workflow and attach it to normal workflow steps of main workflow.This is working fine first time.But, when the workflow transition go from normal step to Subworkflow again for the same request, the steps that previously completed for the sub workflow are now showing in White colour instead of Green Color.

Why the workflow steps are in White colour eventhough they the flow comes second time for this subworkflow.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
5 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Graphical view not displaying properly

Could you send the snap of the WF and Sub-WF and Graphical - WF?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Shravan,

I am sure the screenshot would definately help understand this better, still I will try to answer your question.

Are you saying that the second visit to Workflow, gives a impression that the workflow was never touched? Then you can assume that it is considering the sub workflow as new workflow that it follows.

Can you please share the screenshot before we assume on your question here.

Thanks!
Niraj
Niraj P.
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Attached is the screenshot of graphial view of the workflow.

Thanks
Shravan.
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Shravan,

Looks to me that there is a execution step at the beginning of this subworkflow entry which is giving all these four steps to have parallel decision.

Is your execution steps based on some field value and are you expecting it to be different than what it must have stored last time when it was executed? in such case you need to reinitialize those fields with default, so that the intermediate execution step doesnt resolve to 16,17,18,19 steps directly.

Let me know if you have any questions?

Regards,
Niraj
Niraj P.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Shravan,

This is how it works by design, and it is not limited to sub-workflows. If you revisit a step in a workflow, it appears in the graphical view as 'new' (without the prior result shown), but your previous transitions should still show in your approval details & transaction details.