Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Graphical Portlets

Highlighted
Lizabeth
Super Contributor.

Graphical Portlets

Hello,

I had two questions on the Graphical Portlets.

1. In the Pi- Chart, is there a way to show the complete label, we have long labels and all it shows is a fixed length of characters and ..., the tooltip points to the wedges in the chart and not the labels.

2. In the Clustered Bar Chart is there a way to make the Bars , and the corresponding labels appear in a particular order, I think it is shown alphabetically as of now.

Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Graphical Portlets

Hello Lizabeth,
the graphical portlets are a little less flexible than the tabular ones, especially regarding your first question. You don't have much influence on the layout and on the way the labels are displayed. Even with an additional legend the text will propably not display completely.
As to your second question, there is no sorting option in the portlet definition but you can of course define an order sequence in the data source. With the appropriate order by clause in the select statement you will have the same sorting in your final portlet.
Regards
Sascha
Lizabeth
Super Contributor.

Thanks Sacha,

For the second question, I wanted to sort on the Bars, I have a order by clause that sorts on my X- Axis, but the Bars and the corresponding legends aren't.

Is there a way of having that.

Thanks
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Lizabeth,
it's easier to explain this by an example. This is the data source of a stacked bar chart (same with clustered):

SELECT To_Char(req.creation_date, 'YYYY.MM') MONAT, reqd.VISIBLE_PARAMETER11 TYP, Count(reqd.VISIBLE_PARAMETER11) SUMME
FROM kcrt_requests req inner join kcrt_request_details reqd ON reqd.request_id = req.request_id inner join knta_users us ON us.user_id = req.CREATED_BY
WHERE req.request_type_id IN (30152 , 30713 , 30693)
GROUP BY To_Char(req.creation_date, 'YYYY.MM'), reqd.VISIBLE_PARAMETER11
order by MONAT DESC, TYP ASC

It displays the number of requests created by month (x, desc sorting i.e. last month first) and type (bars/bar segments for the stacked bar chart, sotred alphabetically). I think that is what you are trying to achieve. You need to group and sort by these two values and have a sum for the bar sizes.
hth
regards
Sascha
Lizabeth
Super Contributor.

Thanks again Sacha,

The key was to give both the Parameters in the order by clause, That Indeed Helps.

Thanks