Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of closed projects on timesheet lists

Highlighted
Jan Gardner
Occasional Contributor

Getting rid of closed projects on timesheet lists

We have closed projects (workplan and request closed) which are still appearing on the list when users search for projects or tasks to log time against in TM. The project settings for these projects all use TM, but do not allow users to charge time if the task is closed. Still the closed projects appear.
How can we keep these from showing up?
Thanks,
-Jan
8 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Getting rid of closed projects on timesheet lists

Hi Jan.
The task have many resources? If yes then system working fine. If task have 1 resource and status=closed or completed then this task don't allow in list of task.
Good Luck
Jan Gardner
Occasional Contributor

Number of resources is not the issue. The projects are closed, some for several years, and yet they are still listed in the when users search for projects/tasks to charge their time against in the timesheet module. The issue seems to be in the validation "TM-enabled projects with active work plans plus manager search". Since there are no active work plans in these closed projects, the validation is not working correctly. The best solution seems to be to copy the validation and make the appropriate changes to filter out closed projects.
It's not exactly what I'd call a 'feature'.

Thanks,
-Jan
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Jan,

Did you check the Project settings for those projects specifically. As you told the validation is listing the Project Name but it wont show any tasks to enter time.
Is this what are you are seeing.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

We ran into this awhile back, and if I remember right, there are a couple of factors to consider. One, as others have mentioned, the Time Management settings on the project. Second, the tasks themselves need to have a completion date. Without the individual tasks being completed or closed, they still show up.

Thanks,

Jamie Pick
Jan Gardner
Occasional Contributor

Sigh...Thanks for all of the responses, but I don't know how many different ways to say this:
the project is closed, the work plan is closed, the tasks are all completed. The project settings are set to not allow time entry after the task is closed. And yet, the projects still show up on the timesheet project search.
We have modified the validation to disallow closed projects and that seems to be working.

But thanks to everyone for your input.

-Jan
chung925
Occasional Advisor

Hi Jan,
I am wondering if you had this solved at the end, I am having the exact issue here, appreciate if you could give me some hints... thanks!
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hello, Jan,

which is the validation you altered? Slow response might be caused by high cost of the SQL query behind the validation...

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chung & Alex,

As far as I understood Jan mantion about the time sheet validation which set up what show in Suggested Items is a sql in <PPM_Home>/conf/quicklist/core_derivations/tasks_assigned_derivation.xml. For details please find enclosed document which is piece of HP Time Management Configuration Guide

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event