Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Getting error while adding new task in workplan

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Getting error while adding new task in workplan

Hi,

When i am trying to add new task for my workplan, I am getting error like "Cannot convert to summary task because it contains actuals or is completed". When i go and see, there is one time sheet in which we have the actual time against this project. Can anyone tell me is this restricting me to add new task.

Is it possible to add new task when i remove these actuals from timesheet. I have attached the error message.

Thanks
Shravan Kumar.K
4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Getting error while adding new task in workplan

Hi.
If you still can remove the actuals from the timesheet. PPM won't allow you to do that from the workplan, so it must be done in the respective timesheet.
As soon as there are no actuals from timesheets the system will be able to switch the task to a summary task.
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Hi Sascha Mohr,

Thanks for your quick response. I have removed actuals from time sheet. But I need to wait for some time right in order to effect this change in workplan( as we have this msg
"Actuals from Time Management are usually recalculated every 180 minutes". After 180 minutes may be i will able to switch this task to summary task. Is that true?

Thanks
Shravan Kumar.K
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, 3h is the default for the TM-PM-Sync service.
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

How to remove the actual hours from the timesheet in which the line is "Approved" and timesheet status is "Frozen".

Thanks
Shravan Kumar.K