Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Getting error when trying to edit a user account from workbench

Highlighted
Shiwan
Respected Contributor.

Getting error when trying to edit a user account from workbench

Hi,

Need your assistance to understand why am I getting an error when I am trying to update a user account from workbench?

See attached message.

Please note that

1.  The account was created in production environment.
  2.  After refreshing non production with production environment, account was copied to non production environment.
  3.  Issue doesn't exist in production. It esists only in non production environment.
  4.  I checked on backend and didn't find duplicate logon id for errored account.
  5.  When I try to update logon identifier in non production environment for reported account, it generates lock on knta_users table.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Shiwan Agrawal

3 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Getting error when trying to edit a user account from workbench

What do you mean when you say, "account was copied to non production environment"? How was the account created in the non-production environment?

Shiwan
Respected Contributor.

Account was created manually in production and then our non production DB was refreshed with production db and now that account exists in non production too.

That's how user account was created in non production. Hope it clarifies your query.

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

We have had problems occasionally with sequences not being set properly after a database is reloaded with content from another database. The sequence for the knta_users table is knta_users_s. Compare its value to the largest value of user_id in the knta_users table.

Did you stop the production instance before dumping the database contents? If not, you could get inconsistent content in tables and sequences.