Getting an error while trying to change project name

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
brm2015
Super Contributor.

Getting an error while trying to change project name

Hello All,

When we try to change the project name to other name once the project created, getting an error as 'The Project Details could not be saved as the project name entered is already in use'.

I have tried by updating the backend tables kcrt_fg_pfm_project and pm_projects, but pm_projects table column project_name is unable to update as getting an error as Unique contraint failed.

Thanks,

BRM

4 REPLIES
LeeAnne
New Member.

Re: Getting an error while trying to change project name

Hi BRM,

PPM will not allow multiple projects with the same name. That is why it is giving you that error. You can rename the other project that has the same name to something else. Then you will be able to rename this project. Or name the new project with a slightly different name.

I would avoid doing backend updates as it is not recommended.

Thanks,
Lee Anne

brm2015
Super Contributor.

Hello Lee Anne,

Not creating the new project with existing name, trying to update existing project name to other name, which is not exist in PPM. 

Thanks,

BRM

Aurobinda
Respected Contributor.

HI

I think, you might have tried all the options. The last possible option is " restart ppm services (deleting temp and work folder)" and then try to rename. If you are still getting the same error, I suspect there is some rule set on field change or page load which has some dependancy on this.

brm2015
Super Contributor.
Solution

Hello Aurobinda,

Issue is due to the project names already exist in PPM but those projects were in cancelled status. When I search from dashboard page I haven't included include closed option so I haven't get those projects and when I try to change the project name got the error. Once I renamed the cancelled projects name to other and able to rename the original project name.

Thanks for your interest in helping in this regard.

Thanks,
BRM