The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error: "Missing Resources"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Getting Error: "Missing Resources"

Hello,

when i try to add a field to a request header type, i get the following error:

Missing Resources. Contact HP Project and Portfolio Management Support with server log or Java Console screen.

Has anyone seen this before?
7 REPLIES
StefanBienz
Super Collector

Re: Getting Error: "Missing Resources"

Hi Katy,

Sometimes you get this when HP PPM is trying to display a error message, but could not find it in the specific language.

The language is derived from different places, but one good check is: go in the Workbench to SysAdmin/Server Tools/SQL Runner
and run the query:
select * from V$NLS_PARAMETERS

It should give you AMERICAN/AMERICA as NLS_LANGUAGE and NLS_TERRITORY, otherwise your DB is not setup correctly for PPM.

Sometimes even the RegionalSettings on your Client Computer are involved.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
Stefan
Aravinth
Super Collector

Hi Kathy,

I recently came across this issue and in my case it was due to some field level security that we have added in. By mistake,we were trying to populate some values through rules on the some fields which had field level security.

Please check field level security and remove them and see if this goes away.

Regards,
Aravinth
Mahen M
Honored Contributor
Solution

See whether you have used all the 50 fields in Header.
You get this error when you try to add fields in header which already reached the maximum 50.

This Query Will help you

SELECT Parameter_column_number, Prompt, Batch_number, Parameter_token,Display_flag, Enabled_flag FROM PRODPITG.KNTA_PARAMETER_SET_fields_V WHERE context_value='31136' AND source_parameter_set_id=906
ORDER BY 1

Put your "Header Type ID" in the context Value.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Linda Gregory
Super Collector

I also recieved this error today. In my case, I created my Header and request type by copying (REFERENCE) IT Change with QC integration for the header, and the (REFERENCE) Software Change as the request type.
These two have references to Quality Center in them but I disabled the fields.
I used these in anticipation that we will be integrating with QC in the next 6 months. However, we have not installed the QA accelorator yet.
Could this be why I am recieving this error?
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Thank you everyone,

It was because I exceeded 50 fields on my header. HP is opening a defect for the error message because it is not very descriptive of what is happening.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Even in the Header there is a field called Batch Number which always default to '1'.

I dont see any reason as why the header may not allow more than 1 batch. It would be much better if there is no custom Fields in header at all. Perhaps you can raise a enhancement requests with HP.

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Mahendran M

Regards,
Mahendran M
chanfand
Acclaimed Contributor

I am entering a date in the 'Scheduled Date' and 'Acutal Finish Date' fields getting the Missing Resources error.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event