The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future in HP PPM

Highlighted
Mana1
Acclaimed Contributor

Future in HP PPM

Hello all,

May i know the future in HP PPM. There have been rumors that HP has announced a date after which they will not sell PPM anymore. 

Thank,

Manan

7 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Future in HP PPM

I've heard this too, although from a pretty sketchy source. I wouldn't expect anyone from HP to give an answer on a public forum though...

I havent heard anything, but it seems less likely to happen, HP PPM is one of the best solutions as Clarity or PlanView. Losing that marketshare seem a crazy idea.

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have been hearing this in the past year. In all cases, these are rumors spread by CA sales who cannot get market share in specific areas.

On the other hand, I joined HP in the ppm customer forum this year and I saw the roadmap of ppm. Honestly, I did not see the word 'stop' :).

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
CyCLoPs
HPE Expert

Please be advised, HP has no such plans.

----

Apurva Mirajkar
Global Support Product Manager – PPM, ITBA (XS), HP Anywhere

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Well, I work in PPM R&D, and all I can say is that I've not heard anything about stopping to sell PPM. Quite the opposite in fact !

We've had some very significant wins recently, so maybe there are some sore losers in the competition spreading FUD :)

My words are in no way an official HP nor PPM Product Management position, but as Alex already wrote there's plenty of cool stuff in the pipe which should convince you that HP PPM is very much alive.

Cheers,

Etienne.

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Do you guys have a link to what was shared at Discover? I'd love to see any kind of roadmap...

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi Erik,

Most of what was shared in Discover was done during the Customer Advisory Board, which implies signing an NDA.

As for the slides presented during PPM EMEA Customer Forum, they are only avaiable to attendees - so here again, not publicly shareable as far as I can tell.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event