Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

From which table can i get the total efforts spent for miscalleneous items and activities?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

From which table can i get the total efforts spent for miscalleneous items and activities?

Hi,

i want to get the following report,in fact top management wants me to prepare such report :
Total actual efforts spent for miscallenous items according to resources and activity based.
i am totaly lost in tables.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES
Gary Rubinstein
Respected Contributor.
Solution

Re: From which table can i get the total efforts spent for miscalleneous items and activities?

Hi Sevilay,

I have attached the code for a custom portlet that I created for a client with similar wishes. This should work with v7.1 + v7.5.

Regards,
Gary
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Re: From which table can i get the total efforts spent for miscalleneous items and activities?

Hi Gary,

firstly thanks for your interest.
But our tm_line_charge_codes table is empty.So the query doesn't work.Also our managers want this query misc item + activity based and i have not much time.
Let me ask a question.There are many tables and i get confused which one i should use.There is tm_work_units table and act_effort column in it and in the datamodel document there is not any description about the table.And also there is tm_actuals table which i learn from your query.What is the usage of them,in which situations i choose them.
Thanks again.
Your query gives me idea ,but i need more help.

Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,
see the attached image with table links
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Hi Alexander,

this is very usefull image,thanks a lot.
i think,i should use tm_time_sheets,tm_time_sheet_lines,
tm_actuals,tm_actuals_effort for the needed report,am i right ?
By the way which information do the ktmg_work_allocations table have?
There isn't enough information about it in the DataModel.pdf and i checked the database ,there is only 2 rows in that table.
Thanks for your patient and interest :)
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sevilay,
let me know that resual are you need in *.doc format or drawing.
I many time working with TS and may be help you.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sevilay,
I send you mail today.
Good Luck
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Alexander,i think it is similar to my query.i handled and gived the report to senior management yesterday.
But it will help me to cross check my query.
Thanks again.