cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 3.0 and PPM 7.5

Highlighted
Rich Y_1

Firefox 3.0 and PPM 7.5

I have Firefox 3.0 running with PPM 7.5. When I try to click the edit button on a Portlet nothing happens. Anyone have an idea what to do?
4 REPLIES
Cesar Roque
Regular Collector

Re: Firefox 3.0 and PPM 7.5

It sounds like a java issue, try to configure correctly the java plugin or use another java version.
jyotir_2
Super Collector

Hi Rich Yanek,

Seems your POP-UP is getting blocked.

Please enable pop-ups in your browser setting then it should work fine.

-Jyotir
Kari Sweeney
Super Collector

Hi Rich,

We have the same problem for our users who have upgraded their browsers to Firefox 3. I think HP is aware of the issue, although according to the System Requirements and Compatibiity matrix, Firefox 2.0.x is the highest level of Firefox supported for PPM 7.5/SP2. Hopefully whenever they deliver support for Firefox 3, this issue will be resolved. As a work-around (if you don't want to downgrade your browser version), the little upside-down triange (drop down) icon next to the pencil icon will allow you to edit your portlet without having to go into the 'personalize dashboard' page.

Hope this helps.
Kari
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Hi Rich,

Like Kari said, there are issues with Firefox 3 so be careful. Other ones I know of are that you also cannot click the +- buttons on portlets, and there are other places in PPM where if you tab or move from one field to another the page is supposed to fire some method that updates some other fields based on the data in the field you just left but it doesn't work in Firefox 3. The My Tasks portlet is an example of this.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event