Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Data Import Problem

Highlighted
vitormiran
Acclaimed Contributor

Financial Data Import Problem

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to import financial summary data (more spcefically the Planned and Actuals costs) to PPM but I'm always receiving an error message when I try to load the XML file through the 'Import From XML' page.

There are 2 regional currencies configured on PPM besides USD that is the default currency. Those currencies have 5 periods in which exchange rates were configured.

When I try to import projects using the value 'Global' to the field 'Region' (what means that the project currency is USD), I can import the data with no problems.

However, when I try to load data into projects from different regions that is not 'Global', I got this exception:

com.mercury.itg.exceptions.InfrastructureException: Found more than 1 rate covering this date: null

Exception Correlation: GUID=205C337D-0071-2F1F-C9BF-94774717340A Generated Time=2011/09/22-17:13:54.582 BRT Server Node Name: HPPPM 

Someone could please help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vitor.

5 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Financial Data Import Problem

Hi Vitor,

Error mesage says when convert financial mounts to base currency, the date data in the middle of 2 exchange rate date. Thus system cannot convert it.

Please try clear all exchange rates and to try import again. Then recreate the exchange rates. Try this first in your test system.

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
vitormiran
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Celil, thanks for your answer.

How could I clear all exchange rates? When I go into the 'Manage Exchange Rates' page I can't erase the periods that were previously created. I can just create new ones.

Regards,

Vitor.

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Can you change financial data date? Please get exchange rate dates and look for it in financial data which you want to import. Then change it one day backward or foreward if it possible. Because I don't know data, maybe I said rubbish things, sorry for that.

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
pepdwill

We were experiencing this very same issue and error.  After exhaustively testing every single possible option or way to resolve - we finally figured it out - through a direct database update (found there to be absolutely no other way).  I cannot explain why the error is happening, but it's 100% related to the effective dates/periods for the Exchange Rates. 

The way we resolved it was by deleting all Fx Effective Periods except for one.

Here is the SQL I used; you'd have to update accordingly based on which effective FX periods need to be removed.

DELETE FROM ITG_COMPONENTS WHERE TRUNC(START_TIME) = TO_DATE('12/1/2018','mm/dd/yyyy');

After running this I flushed the cache to be safe, refreshed the Fx screen to confirm the changes took (which they did) - and finally reattempted the import of Financials, and it worked.

Thanks-

Danny

pepdwill

To add to my prior comment, an additional caveat...

Pay special attention to the COMPONENT_SEQ field values.  Safest thing would be to remove the rows where the Component_Seq <> 0.

If deleting rows and the sequences aren't sequential from 0 - X, it will throw an exception.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event