Did you mean: 

Field Security Issue

Highlighted
b460
Regular Collector

Field Security Issue

Hi,

Can anyone explain why this happens?

In our 7.5 instance, fields that have had their security set as visible and editable by the security group "PPM Administrator" are not being populated when a rule is triggered in the request by another field which is visible and editable to all users.

If I change the security of the field to visible to all users but editable only by "PPM Administrator" then the field will get populated when the rule is triggered.

Is there any way I can keep the field visible and editable to "PPM Administrator" and the field get populated when the rule is triggered?
2 REPLIES
Sachin M
Regular Collector

Re: Field Security Issue

Hi,

I guess there is no OOTB solution for this. But you can try to create a UI rule which will be on Page Load. With help of UI rule
event can be created to execute before a transition. you can make fields visible and hide on the basis of user logged on.

Regards
Sachin
Carlos Jose Gom
Super Collector

Re: Field Security Issue

Youll have to analize the html code generated by your request and build custom ui scripts.

Theres problems when you use field securities or uses some status dependencies with a field, because the html generated for that field is different

Example: if i put a field as not editable in status dependencies, standard ui rules dont works because the html code for that field is not the expected by standar ui rules, are generated as DRIVEN_XXXX.

Study the html code for each case and build custom ui scripts
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event