The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Dependency

Highlighted
sam.greg

Field Dependency

Hi,

If the project health is changed, can we display the old value in a text field?

For example, my current project health is "Green", if I change it to "Red", my previous value "Green", can that be shown in a different Text field.

Can someone help me in solving this issue please.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Field Dependency

We have done this kind of thing with a hidden field. Any time the primary field changes, a rule moves the current value of the hidden field to the visible history field and the new primary field's value to the hidden field.
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi sam,

Actually there is two project health field in project:

One of them above project summary tab on the left side. Depend on project settings you can change it. When you want to change you have to enter reason and deadline.

Other one is a field in project request type. Depend on your field dependencies configuration you can change this field. When you change it, it couldn't change other project health indicator which is described above.

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
sam.greg

Hi Jim,

Could you please let me know how can I set up this using Rules as you described?
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Define 3 fields:
Field 1 is where the user inputs the data.
Field 2 is a hidden field.
Field 3 displays the previous value of field 1. It is read-only.

Create a rule with dependencies set for changes to field 1 or field 2 to any value. Result fields are field 2 and field 3. The sql for the rule is:

select '[REQD.P.FIELD_1]', '[REQD.VP.FIELD_1]',
'[REQD.P.FIELD_2]', '[REQD.VP.FIELD_2]'
from dual
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event