The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending thousands of staffing profiles for upcoming year.

Highlighted
Anne Gates
Occasional Contributor

Extending thousands of staffing profiles for upcoming year.

We have PFM Assets for managing support of our applications, and we would like to extend the staffing allocation for these from one year to the next (e.g., in December 2008, change current end dates to extend through 2009). We're dealing with approximately 13,000 PFM Assets and would like to automate this extension if at all possible. We're curious to learn how other organization are handling such cyclical or year-end planning.

If our only option is to work manually through the GUI, are there any application settings, etc., that we could temporarily turn on (or off e.g, roll-up processing) to keep performance at an acceptable level while we bombard PPM with this heavy amount of activity?

Thank you,
Anne
3 REPLIES
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

Re: Extending thousands of staffing profiles for upcoming year.

I'd suggest just finding the appropriate columns in the database and updating them via a SQL script. I can't see doing all those updates manually. Too much work that way.
Anne Gates
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Alan. Actually, that's what we've done in past years under Release 6.0. However, with the new staffing profile data structures in 7.1, that is not nearly as straightforward. I won't go into the specifics, but I have yet to understand the reasoning behind the change. Even for custom queries and reporting, an excessive amount of calculation is required.

If anyone else has exeperienced this under 7.1, I'd appreciate how they handled it either technically or through their business process.

Thank you,
Anne
Vsalian
Regular Collector

Hi,

Have u found a solution to this yet??

Thanks,

V
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event