Extending the Planned Start & Planned Finish Periods

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Elux_Leslie
Regular Contributor.

Extending the Planned Start & Planned Finish Periods

Ok guys - I need your expertise!

How do I extend my current range of start/finish periods that are available via drop-down when creating a project?  Below is an example showing that we can go no further than December 31, 2012.  

5 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Extending the Planned Start & Planned Finish Periods

Looks like you might need to add some more fiscal periods if yours only go through the end of 2012. In 9.1 this is done through the Administration Console, but you should be able to find the how-to in the Installation and Administration Guide.

Elux_Leslie
Regular Contributor.

Hi Erik,

You are correct – I do need to add more fiscal periods but that’s the problem… I don’t know how to execute the addition of more periods.

I've searched the HP Support Overview self-solve (for 7.5 SP6) and found the following from the Master Index, but none relate to my need.  I’m pasting those below just for the sake of FYI, and you’ll see the topics for “date” are not even close to what I’m trying to do.  Surprisingly I can’t find any assistance in the manuals; do you have a particular section already identified?

HP Project Management User’s Guide

enabling estimated finish date field, ProjectUG-38

Tracking and Managing IT Demand Configuration Guide

requested dates, configuring, TrkMgCG-46

HP Portfolio Management User’s Guide

adjusting start dates for entities automatically using optimization, PortfolioUG-92

adjusting start dates for entities manually, PortfolioUG-81

In my workbench I’ve identified the validations supplying the dates in the request type: “PFM – Periods by Month” and “PFM – Finish Periods by Month” (first pic below).  However, when I pull the validation it’s an auto-complete list and I can’t get any further (second pic below).   I don’t understand the code well enough to know where to go next… 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Abhi_Agrawal
Respected Contributor.
Solution

You can generate periods by running following scripts from PPM_HOME/bin directory: -

kGenPeriods.sh [-h] [start year] [end year]

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Abhi is correct above, you can just run kGenPeriods.sh in PPM 7.5

Also, for 7.5, the info is actually in the Portfolio Management Config guide...look for the section named "Generating Additional Periods" on p. 87.

Elux_Leslie
Regular Contributor.

Thank you Eric and Abhi - this worked!