Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting PPM reports to Microsoft Powerpoint

Highlighted
Jignasa Desai
Occasional Advisor

Exporting PPM reports to Microsoft Powerpoint

I am on PPM 7.1 SP4. I have certain custom reports built in PPM which can be exported to MS Word or Excel. But I am still figuring out how to do that export for Powerpoint. Have any of you tried it? Also, any idea if this feature will be incorporated in PPM 7.5?

Export to ppt format will ease a lot of cut-paste work done for executive presentations.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES
vijay sarathy
Occasional Contributor

Re: Exporting PPM reports to Microsoft Powerpoint

Hello Desai,

Could you help me in exporting PPM reports to word/excel?
What I tried earlier is creating a cusotmized link on the report and pointing the link to a JSP capable of opening excel in browser.(This is done in the PL/SQL Proc)
I am not able to design the JSP.

If you have created a customized JSP(browser cabable of opening for same please do help me with the JSP

Regards,
Vijay
James++
Regular Collector

Hi Desai,

You can export the report content to Excel or PPT. Excel would be the better option.
To export to excel JSP reports will do it easily. There are two ways to by which you can export-
1. Use POI interface provided by Apache, its implementation is easy and powerful.
2. Use the "JSP application type" for exporting.
Vsalian
Regular Collector

Hi there,

I am trying to integrate PPM and excel.
I need to import some dashboards(portlets) from PPM in to excel automatically.
Is this possible??
Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Vinay
Catherine Curti
Super Collector

The POI jar sounds like the way to go. If you put in the main lib directory for PPM - will it get overwritten on upgrade?

Is anyone else actively using POI today?

Previous entry mentioned the JSP application type but I could never get that to work due to how PPM coverts files to servlets.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event