The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting PPM Workflow to .gif files not working

Highlighted
Linda Hauck
Regular Collector

Exporting PPM Workflow to .gif files not working

We have a very large workflow that we are trying to export to a .gif file. The export will not work, we end up with a 0 KB file. And we don't get the message box that states "workflow image written to c:\filename.gif"
The workflow has 68 steps. Is there a limit on the workflow size for exporting? All our other workflows export just fine.
9 REPLIES

Re: Exporting PPM Workflow to .gif files not working

It may be more of a height and width issue than number of steps. I have found that if I move my steps closer together, I am sometimes able to get this to work. We have workflows with over 200 steps (most automated migrations between environments). Another option it to save the graphical view after creating and submitting a request. I cannot save to gif in workbench, but am able to save from graphical view. I have not found a solution for large deployment/package workflows.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Check up whether you have used any custom .gif images for the work flow step source.

Right click on the step source -> 'Edit Source'
Check up whether 'Icon' has any names entered there.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Linda Hauck
Regular Collector

Thanks for the reply Marlene. Good tip on saving the graphical view.
I had also tried putting my steps closer together, but it still would not export.

I am curious, as my workflow is also for migrating (between Oracle instances.) I am utilizing the jump and receive steps to packages, along with some subworkflows for verification, to automate our migrations. Do you use the jumps and receives? and if so, how has that been working for you?

Hi,

I have the same error.
I noticed a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
error in the client java console.
But I have no idea if this is on the client or server site.

However I use the following workaround:
-Create a Request
-assign it to the workflow
-click the graphical workflow link
-right click in the workflow window and select "save image"

Regards
Volker
Reinier de Koni
Occasional Contributor

Hi Volker,

Did you managed to increase the java heap size? We are having the same issue currently but I am out of options to find where to increase the size.

Best,
Reinier
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, you do so in the server.conf with the parameter:
com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=1024m
If your server is on Windows and you are running multiple nodes on the same hardware and you are starting them as windows services, you may need to set this parameter for each of the nodes (was in our case necessary).
Linda Hauck
Regular Collector

Thanks for the replies. We will try that.

Linda
mohdebas
Super Collector

Hi All

I have been trying to export the workflow image into C:\transfers\ and I have been receiving the attached error.

Please help.

Thanks!

Regards

Debasish

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Debasish,

You need to supply the full file name: c:\transfers\workflow.gif. Also, check that the transfers directory exists and that the user you run PPM with has write access to that directory.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event