cancel

Export workplan to pdf doesn't work

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Igorek-KZ
Regular Contributor.

Export workplan to pdf doesn't work

Good day! I have a problem: when I'm exporting workplan to pdf and open pdf file, error generated (in attachments). This happens only in "ru" locale and only when I Export workplan to pdf, when I run this function in "en" locale or if I export, f.e. dashboard to pdf, everything runs smoothly. What's going wrong?

Best Regards,
Igor
4 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Export workplan to pdf doesn't work

Hi Igor,

in PPM 8.0x there used to be a problem with the configuration of the font settings. I'm not sure if it applies here because the issue only occurs with russian locale but you might want to give it a shot.

There is an exception being thrown because the font could not be found. The fix in that bug provided by Jnanmoy was to set the following properties in the server.conf file.

com.kintana.core.server.PDF_FONT_FILE=<Absolute file path> e.g. C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ARIAL.TTF
com.kintana.core.server.PDF_FONT_ENCODING=<Corresponding encoding name> e.g. CP1251

Best regards,

Dirk

Igorek-KZ
Regular Contributor.

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your answer, I'll check it and post results.

Best Regards,
Igor
Igorek-KZ
Regular Contributor.

Good Day, Dirk. Great thanks! it really works!

Maybe, this information will be usefull for someone:

First, I've  changed parameter "com.kintana.core.server.dashboard.PDF-Unicode-Font-File-Path"  to location of font (Installation and Administration Guide), but it didn't worked for exporting workplan, but it worked for another exportable objects - portlets, project view page... Also, i've changed files <ppm home>/server/kintana/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/conf/FontOptions_ru.properties and FontOptions.properties, but same result. Only when I've run recommendations in previous post, it gives result.

Best Regards,
Igor
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Igor,

great, good to know it helped and thanks for the additional infos.

Have a great day.

Best regards,

Dirk