Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF Not Working in 8.0 SP1

Highlighted

Export to PDF Not Working in 8.0 SP1

We upgraded from 7.5 SP3 to 8.0 SP1, and now can no longer export to PDF. This is working for exporting the workplan to PDF, but not exporting portlet or project summary screen. This works fine and very quickly in 7.5 SP3. We added a new server.conf parameter to try to lengthen the timeout, but that did not help. Not sure if anyone else has seen this issue?

I will attach the error that we receive after getting a "Page Cannot be Displayed" error.
5 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Export to PDF Not Working in 8.0 SP1

Marlene, FYI I just tried exporting a Project Summary page in our 8.0 SP1 dev box and I got a similar "Got empty stream from the converter" error...
Karen H Lee
Acclaimed Contributor

Has anyone been able to resolve? I am receiving a similar error:

Failed to generate PDF from URL:http://localhost:80/itg/dashboard/app/portal/print/MaxViewPrint.jsp;jsessionid=BA5BF0E5A05D3ED874CBF9EC368CA15D.KINTANA_PRD1?pdfSettings.addHeader=Y&pdfSettings.addDateToHeader=Y&pdfSettings.addTitleToHeader=Y&pdfSettings.pageTitle=Dashboard+Page%3AITCS+Process+Tracking+Portlet&pdfSettings.addBannerToHeader=N&usePageBreaks=false&Pluto_p20283439_startingRow=1&Pluto_p20283439_sortBy=10485767&Pluto_p20283439_sortOrder=ASC&pageId=13139969&portletId=20283439&dshOldState=normal Got empty stream from the converter.

However, we are on 7.1 SP11.

Following was the resolution for us:

1. cd to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/deploy

2. Run the following command:

jar -tf dashboard.war | grep -i ib6js

If the grep finds the jar, it means that the fix has not been completed, so follow the next steps:

1. Make a back up copy of "dashboard.war"

2. The jar file "ib6js.jar" should be deleted from dashboard.war by using the following command:

zip -d dashboard.war WEB-INF/lib/ib6js.jar

3. Delete "tmp" and "work directories (in PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME), run "sh kUpdateHtml.sh" and re-start the PPM instance.

Note: Repeat steps 1-3 for all the nodes.

Above was for 8.0 SP1. Not sure about other versions.

1. cd to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/deploy

2. Run the following command:

jar -tf dashboard.war | grep -i ib6js

If the grep finds the jar, it means that the fix has not been completed, so follow the next steps:

1. Make a back up copy of "dashboard.war"

2. The jar file "ib6js.jar" should be deleted from dashboard.war by using the following command:

zip -d dashboard.war WEB-INF/lib/ib6js.jar

3. Delete "tmp" and "work directories (in PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME), run "sh kUpdateHtml.sh" and re-start the PPM instance.

Note: Repeat steps 1-3 for all the nodes.
Karen H Lee
Acclaimed Contributor

Thank you, we will investigate and update on status of resolution.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event