Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Export to Excel 2007

Highlighted
Emir Gocen
Trusted Contributor.

Export to Excel 2007

Hi,

We have been using Excel 2003 while exporting portlets and request search results. We would like to export directly in Excel 2007 format, what configuration change does this require?

Thanks in advance.

Emir Gocen, PMP
3 REPLIES
Nate Kelling
Contributor.

Re: Export to Excel 2007

Emir,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking. We currently use Excel 2007 and have no issues exporting portelts. When you click on the "Export to Excel" link at the bottom of the portlet and then click "Yes" to open with Excel, a blank Internet Explorer window comes up with a warning that I have attached.
Clicking yes only verifies that you trust what is opening because the file extension is different. Hope that helps.

Nate Kelling
Kari Sweeney
Trusted Contributor.

To add on to what Nate posted....that warning message that Excel presents is a known Microsoft bug with Excel 2007. (see link below)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsofficedeveloper/archive/2008/03/11/excel-2007-extension-warning.aspx

You can either click 'yes' and accept the warning as Nate mentions, or you can apply the workaround the microsoft blog offers.

Hope this helps,
Kari
Emir Gocen
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Let me clear what I would like to accomplish. We are using Excel 2007 on our PCs. When "Export to Excel" link is hit on Request Search Results Page or on List Portlets, we are asked to open/save it with .xls format. Then the bug you have posted occurs and the only solution is to save it in .xlsx format. Is there a workaround to maybe change the codes in ListPortletExportToExcel.jsp or other related files so that it's saved directly in Excel 2007 format?

Thanks.

Emir