Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export "Notes" from issue and risk requests

Highlighted
LittleJohn
Occasional Advisor

Export "Notes" from issue and risk requests

As a PPM user I have been told that the export of the "notes" details field in the issue and risk request are not exportable. The field chooser for fields to export within the search request utility does not contain the field for "notes". I had thought all fields withing the issue and risk request were exportable. Is it a fairly reasonable administrative (admin access) task to be able to add the "notes" field to the field chooser in the search request utility to enable the notes for the issue and risk request to be exported? Or is it even possible? Thanks for any info.
7 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Export "Notes" from issue and risk requests

Hi,
I dont understand the Question 100%, But you are trying to use the 'Search Request' Functionality and when you try the notes section ot is not coming in the filter.

You can write Queries to take your Data in Excel sheet.... The notes will be in Clob format, you have to convert it.

Please let me know if this does not help, I will try to find other alternatves.

Regards,
Mahendran M

Regards,
Mahendran M
LittleJohn
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the response, I do not have admin access to the PPM tool, instead I have user access to the tool, my level of access requires I use the tool as it was set up. Currently the tool is set up such that when using the issue or risk search request utility to query for issue or risk data, the field "Notes" is not included as a selectable field to display as a query field within the search request so I am unable to see the "notes" field in the search request query results. So the question is, how can the "notes" field be enabled as a selectable field to diplay in the search request query results if it is currently not available as a column field to display in the search request results? Is the notes field a field that an admin can add to the search request columns to display results? In our situation the "notes" field contains critical information that we would like to export/display in the search request query results. Thanks
gmeyer_1
Occasional Contributor

Because Notes are stored as a CLOB field in the database HP restricts the way they can be displayed on query results and portlets (using OOTB functionality). The field can be part of your available set, but the resulting display will only show you who entered the note and when, not the actual note itself.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Also, you can run a Request Detail report which will display the notes section of the requests, but it doesn't export to a neat Excel list if that's what you're looking for.
LittleJohn
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I am unable to find the "Request Detail Report", utility within the search request utility or within the menu selection areas of the tool that I have access to, is the "Request Detail Report" utility only available within certain access rights to the tool (admin, or other)? I currently have Program Manager access which may be limiting my access to utilities. Would the "Request Detail Report" be a utility that the admin would need to run or add to the menu items accessible to users within the PPM tool?
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

It's possible that you don't have access to it, although I can't see any reason why a Program Manager role would not include this. It just depends on your policies and how PPM security & roles have been set up.

In any event, you would find this under the Reports menu item, then Request Detail Report under the Demand Management report category. Screen shots attached.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

John,
You can speak with your PPM Admin team in getting access to Reports, all PM's Should have this. I have some queries but you cannot run Queries, and that makes you job still more difficult. Kindly check up whether you can get READ ONLY access to your DB.

Regards,
Mahendran M
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event