Export Staffing Profile excel query

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
brm2015
Regular Collector

Export Staffing Profile excel query

Hello All,

Does anyone know the query logic behind the export staffing profile option from staffing profile page? This is required as have to add few more fields to the report like username, category etc..

Thanks,

BRM

2 REPLIES
Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: Export Staffing Profile excel query

Hi BRM,

There are a LOT of different SQLs fired when exporting a Staffing profile to Excel. It's basically done 100% in java code using internal PPM APIs, some of which do call some SQL. All the results of these queries are put in a dedicated java object which is then sent to an Excel template to generate the exported staffing profile (I'm talking about PPM 9.3X here).

If you really want to see the list of all SQL queries that are run when exporting the Staffing Profile to Excel, you can enable the debug console (ALT + Click on the logo on the top of the screen if the server parameter SHOW_DEBUG_CONSOLE_PER_USER is set to true), then open the staffing profile, export it to Excel, and in DB Stat menu of the debug console (on the top right), check the SQL that are fired for the request to /itg/staffing/ExportStaffingProfileToExcel.do . On my test environment, I have 120 SQL fired (37 uniques), but your results might vary.

Good luck,

Etienne.

brm2015
Regular Collector

Re: Export Staffing Profile excel query

Hello Etienne,

Thank you for your help on this. Reason behind looking for a query is because to add some more additional fields for the staffing profile export data. It seems it is not possible to edit those queries as those are all internally bind with wrappers, objects etc....

I have built a query to print as same like as staffing profile export.

Thank you for your help again.

Thanks,

BRM

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event