Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding/collapsing items in the Navigation Menu

Highlighted
M13
Regular Collector

Expanding/collapsing items in the Navigation Menu

Hi,

I am wondering if there's a way where I can set the default state of the items in the navigation menu (the modules titles) to collapsed, i.e. whenever a user logins to PPM, all the menus should initially appear collapsed, not the same as the last state before the last logout.

Looking forward to your replies..
Thanks in advance,

Ahmed
7 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Expanding/collapsing items in the Navigation Menu

I think this is controlled by KNTA_USER_MENU_STATES but not sure how you would trigger it or what other options there might be...
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

A trigger would surely be an option. On knta-logon_attempst and for all successful logons it modifies the menu states for the user.
However, I'm sure my users would not like that.
M13
Regular Collector

Sorry guys but nothing of this is helping .. i think some customizations need to be done in one or more of the JSP files!!??
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe there is a cache for the menu states too. I would expect the system to do what you want, if you set STATE in KNTA_USER_MENU_STATES to 0 for all entries with the appropriate USER_ID and SEQ > 0.
Cannot test it though because the table is still in our DBs but 8.0 has a different menu system.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

I tested in 7.5 by setting STATE = 0 but my test user was logged off when I updated, and upon login it worked. If you're using a trigger on knta_logon_attemts then maybe the trigger is "too late" for the update to have worked in time?
M13
Regular Collector

Dear Erik,

I tested setting the state=0 in table knta_menu_user_states for a test user but it didn't work, and actually upon logging it takes forever to load the dashboard page.

And I don't get what you mean by "may be the trigger is too late" .. can you please clarify in details :))

I am working on PPM 7.5 btw

Thanks in advance..
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Ahmed,

What I mean is that if you use a trigger on knta_logon_attempts to set state=0 in knta_user_menu_states, it may be that PPM reads the data from knta_user_menu_states *before* it updates knta_logon_attempts (and fires your trigger) when someone logs in. If that were the case, then it wouldn't work since the data was read before it was changed. You would just have to test it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event