Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Excel with HP PPM

Highlighted
Mahamood
New Member.

Excel with HP PPM

I have an excel sheet with all the relative fields in the request (ITG Request type form information)....User will fill this data in the excel and as an ITG member we need to upload the data from backend (By usind Oracle PL/SQL script)....

is it possible to Automate this procedure....Integration between Excel and ITG Database tables...Possible?

Regards,
BALA
12 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Excel with HP PPM

Good Day.
We use this once: we import date from excel to budgets. But we doing with HP support engineers. I don't know any details.
This is possible!!!
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

The answer depends on what you mean by "automate"?

You can create new requests from Excel/XML data by using the Excel data import tool. You cannot modify existing request data that way, and it isn't "automated" as such but is more of a data entry shortcut for PPM administrators & consultants.

If you want a truly automated solution that can also modify current request data, then you could build something that uses PPM's web services to do that...
Mahamood
New Member.

Hi

Thanks for your update...

Manually which I am doing currently

1. I will upload excel data in to a custom table.
2. By using oracle procedure I am execting that script so ITG will create te request from backend.(PPM Predefind Package for request creation)

But I would like to automate this procedure...

Thanks & Regards,
Bala
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

yes you can.
Just enhance the existing report type "Import Requests" and add an additional command to run your PL/SQL script. Have a look for the request type details report to see the use of a PL/SQL script in report type.

Regards
Volker
Kathleen Venner
New Member.

Does anyone know if there is a utility to insert, export or update any records to HP PPM? I don't see any software offered that allows you to extract or update data without building your own SQL statements. Any ideas???
Raka_1
Super Contributor.

Can anyone provide the Excel Import Tool. I just need the Add-in which would convert the data in Excel format to XML format.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Here's the latest one I have... for 7.1 sp3
Raka_1
Super Contributor.

I was able to Import 'Requests' using the Import functionality but I am not able to Create a Project it gives an Error2: Project Name Required. Is there something wrong that I am doing in importing the Projects. Mine is version 8.0
James++
Super Contributor.

Hi,

You can easily import Budget, Benefit, Porject, Request... and many more using "ITG XML Migrator". Its very easy to use. Let me know if you are facing any porblem with ITG XML migrator.

VijayVignesh
Frequent Contributor.

The simplest Steps:-

1. download sql developer from oracle.(its free and its from oracle)
2. format ur xls with header as column name
3. right click on the table and import from xls
4. choose the colums u req
5. finish
6. commit

Done.
Vsalian
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Is it possible to import and refrsh dashboards from PPM in to excel automatically?

Thanks,

V
Vsalian
Respected Contributor.

Is there a tool to export data out of PPM??
Budgets, requests, projects etc