The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Report Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Rich Y_1

Excel Report Question

I'm using a datas source to export PPM data to an excel report.  The data source builds a calendar of users out of the office for each day.  To do this I'm using HTML code and on a Portlet it looks like this

2/15

John Smith

Larry Jones

Put if I take that same datasource and do an Excel report the ceill reads

2/15<br>John Smith<br>Larry Jones

Has anyone found a way that PPM can HTML codes to Excel or do you know of a way I can change the Datasource to do the correct line feeds for Excel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES
alex-h

Re: Excel Report Question

Hello,

Excel "Jett" engine is not able to manage HTML-like tags in spreadsheet cells.

Suggested solution :

1. Get a clean Data Source with NO HTML tags at all.

2. For Portlets, manage HTML code from Portlet Definition itself : PPM is able to use javascript code in Portlet Field area.

PPM limitation : on 9.30, Portlet Export to Excel will not work well. This is fixed on later PPM releases (9.31 unsure, but in 9.32 contains the workaround : new Portlet Preference option "Export to HTML Excel"

(

Warning :  option "Export to HTML Excel" is not on Portlet Definition side.

I've submitted an enhancement request to fix that functional issue. HP PPM Functional Architect : you had one job ! **bleep** !

)

3. For Excel report, you will find all tips and tricks to design Excel report like you want in HP PPM Excel Cook Book documentation . (technical information here : http://jett.sourceforge.net/ )

Kind regards

Alex-H

alex-h
Solution

I forgot few tips :

On Excel report,

you cann add the tags on the same cell, with the font / color / size as you want. Jett will reproduce the cell properties for all the rows.

${myDataSource.TimeSheetPeriod} : ${myDataSource.resourceName} (${myDataSource.resourceManagerName})

Rich Y_1

Thanks for the reply and confirming that HTML will not work in Excel

olbond
Acclaimed Contributor

You can try to make your report by means of Zebra Excel tool. It is designed to help make the reports smarter and more comprehensive. Give it a try, moreover, a free trial is available!

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event