Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Even though the request is closed, status is different.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Even though the request is closed, status is different.

Hi,

I have a successfully-closed request.
But, request status is different.
Is there any solution to that?

Regards
TM
7 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Even though the request is closed, status is different.

Not sure if I understood completely. Can you please elaborate?
If your Requests are passing through the "Close (Immediate success)" or "Close (Immediate failure)" steps and closing the Request but Not updating the Request Status value correctly, I would first Edit the Workflow Step and make sure that "Request Status" value is actually populated Correctly there.
Of course if this is just an one-off case, blame PPM :-)
-Raj
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Raj,

That's right, I can see from the graph view,
It closes the request successfully and creates the next RT. Instead of updating the status as closed-successfully, it just moved to another state.
So far, this happend recently two times.
The rest worked like a charm.
May be there is a way to change the status from DB.

Regards
TM
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

If you want to change the Status from DB, you just need to udpate the "status_id" value in KCRT_REQUESTS table. Just check the status_id value for the satus_name that you are looking for in KCRT_STATUSES table.
-Raj
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

If that doesn't work, attach the screenshots of the workflow and the Edit details of the step. That will probably make things clearer.
Thanks.
-Raj
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Raj,

But I've tried changing status from KCRT_REQUESTS table before, but it didn't work.

You asked me to check the property of the WF, I didn't get it exactly what you meant.
Thanks again

Regards
TM
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

I meant the details of the WF Step NOT the source. You can get that by right clickign and selecing EDIT.

For the udapte, Make sure you also update the "last_updated_by" and "last_udate_date" fields along with "status_id" to make sure the change is reflected in the application. And without the screenshots I am probably just shooting the bullets in the air, but if you have parrel steps where one closes and one creates new request, make sure BOTH the WF steps have status of "Closed" so no matter which was finishes second, the status will always be closed.
-Raj
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Raj