The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with PPM 8.0 automatic migrations

Highlighted
Jajcen Harris
Occasional Contributor

Error with PPM 8.0 automatic migrations

Hello All,

After a automatic migration, we try to approve the next step in the workflow, and it gives us the error incleded in the attachment. Has anyone else encountered this error before? Any idea would be a big help.

Thanks
Jajcen
4 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Error with PPM 8.0 automatic migrations

Try refreshing the browser window to see if it still displays the request as being at the same step. The message implies that the request has moved to another workflow step since this page was built.
Jajcen Harris
Occasional Contributor

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the responce. I wish it were that simple. When we refresh the browser, the error goes away. When we try to approve the step, the error pops back up again. We recently clustered our production environment, so thats when we have been bombarded with errors.

Thanks

Jajcen
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

That is some key information. I would guess then that there is a problem with your cluster configuration. Does the Service Controller Report in SysAdmin/Server Tools indicate one or more servers are running services?
Linda Hauck
Regular Collector

Jim

I work with Jajcen. We have not clustered production yet. This is in our QA environment. We are upgrading from 7.1 to 8.01, and clustering at the same time.

The problem occurs on the "jump" back to the request after the the package processes fine. It appears that it is a mult-session problem. A new session is started when it shouldn't be.

We are working with HP support on this, but as our upgrade to prod grows closer, we greatly appreciate any suggestions.

I do not see the "Service Controller" report in sysadmin, are you sure that is the name?

thanks
Linda
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event