Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while exporting the dash board to PDF

Highlighted
Bhuvan_0563
Acclaimed Contributor

Error while exporting the dash board to PDF

Hi,

We are getting an error while exporting the dashboard page(It is Bar Chart) to PDF. we are not getting this when we have  limited number of rows. If it has more rows then it is giving me the error. Attaching the screen shot of error. Please advice.

Failed to generate PDF from URL:http://localhost:8080/itg/dashboard/app/portal/print/MaxViewPrint.jsp;jsessionid=CB8809E55AB21FA5E9000B138086A723.PPM?pdfSettings.addHeader=Y&pdfSettings.addDateToHeader=N&pdfSettings.addTitleToHeader=Y&pdfSettings.pageTitle=Hours+by+Project+%2F+DBA+Service&pdfSettings.addBannerToHeader=N&usePageBreaks=false&entityKey=&ENTITY_MODE=Y&entityId=&entityType=&portletId=81464538&PRINT_MODE=Y&pdf_key=dsh_page_81464538&availPortlets= Exception in converter. Failed to generate PDF from URL:http://localhost:8080/itg/dashboard/app/portal/print/MaxViewPrint.jsp;jsessionid=CB8809E55AB21FA5E9000B138086A723.PPM?pdfSettings.addHeader=Y&pdfSettings.addDateToHeader=N&pdfSettings.addTitleToHeader=Y&pdfSettings.pageTitle=Hours+by+Project+%2F+DBA+Service&pdfSettings.addBannerToHeader=N&usePageBreaks=false&entityKey=&ENTITY_MODE=Y&entityId=&entityType=&portletId=81464538&PRINT_MODE=Y&pdf_key=dsh_page_81464538&availPortlets= Got empty stream from the converter.

4 REPLIES
knsub

Re: Error while exporting the dash board to PDF

Hello Bhuvan,

This problem occurs if the PDF conversion process takes too long to complete.

There is a setting in server.conf to control the PDF creation timeout value:

com.kintana.core.server.dashboard. pdf-render-timeout=<numeric value in seconds>

The default timeout is 60 seconds. Increase the number of seconds in the timeout value, run kUpdateHtml.sh and restart PPM.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Subash

Bhuvan_0563
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Subhash,

Thanks for the reply. we have set it 500, still having the issue. Could you please let me know any other solution.

Thanks,

Bhuvan.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

I think this issue is resolved in 9.14 patch 004.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

There was only one fix in all cumulated hotfix sets and that was about empty iFrames when rendering the pdf-export. Nothing as described here.

The timeout-parameter previously mentioned should work, unless you have a large number of portlets to be exported and or those portlets are large by themselves.

I found the following possible solution (worked for an incident in 8.0) that you might want to test - operating system differences to be taken into account. Alternatively, log a ticket with PPM support for assistance:

1. cd to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/deploy

2. Run the following command:

jar -tf dashboard.war | grep -i ib6js

If the grep finds the jar, it means that the fix has not been completed, so follow the next steps:

1. Make a back up copy of "dashboard.war"

2. The jar file "ib6js.jar" should be deleted from dashboard.war by using the following command:

zip -d dashboard.war WEB-INF/lib/ib6js.jar

3. Delete "tmp" and "work directories (in PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME), run "sh kUpdateHtml.sh" and re-start the PPM instance.

Note: Repeat steps 1-3 for all the nodes.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event