The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deleting a project

Highlighted
mohdebas
Super Collector

Error while deleting a project

Hi All

I tried deleting a project but everytime I try doing that, an error just pops up. I have attached the screenshot for the error.

Please let me know if anyone has encountered the same issue before.

Currently we are on PPM 9.1 SP2.

Thanks!

Regards

Debasish

5 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: Error while deleting a project

Can you share the server logs after replciatng the issue.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Rj2413
Super Collector

Hi all

Any PPMC and demand capture queries kindly contact

gbsldsmchn@hp.com

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohdebas,

the infrastructure exception points to the fact that an associated entity of this project could be missing - a reference if you so want - that should be there. Examples are for instance Staffing Profiles or Financial Summaries. The GUID exception that you got on front end only points to a GUID= xxx, which should be used to query the serverlog.txt to excerpt the stack trace associated with that GUID. The stack trace should then show what is amiss.

If you can reproduce this issue, then excerpt the FULL stack trace (look especially for the 'caused by' clause in the lines, then we'll be able to help.

On a side note:

Rj, I don't know if that last post was meant for this thread but regardless of whether it was or not, it is inappropriate. This is not a support forum where you tell people where to get stuff. If someone logs a thread and is offered help, it is up to them to deliver the data and not up to the offering person to get it somewhere.

Best regards,

dirk

Anubhav88
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Dirk ,

I do have a missing Finanacial summary in the project and i am not able to delete project throws some stack trace exception  with some GUID, Could you please help me the query using that if i can delete the project from backend.

Thanks

Anubhav 

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Anubhav,

I won't and I can't supply the queries to delete that project. It's rough dozen or so queries that need to be run and we need to know where that project has data in the database.

What you should do is to log a support case together with the information on how you tried to delete the project, how many projects are affected and what stack you get when trying to delete the project.

Support will then investigate and provide the queries to delete the project.

If I provide you - here - with those queries, I'm liable for trouble if other forum-members just start trying to use them to selectively delete records from the database.

Sorry, but I'm going safe on that one....

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event